20080601

7:45 PM "Outskirts of Infinity" (Avant Garde)

Production Company: Psychotropic Films
Director: Bart Santello
Music by:
A Produce
Cast: Sundog (as himself)
Run Time: 20:16 Minutes
Release: New Version (v6.0) 2009
Official Selection: Arizona International Film Festival (2006)

FILMED IN RUBY, ARIZONA "I originally went to the ghost town of Ruby to film migratory bats that reside in the abandoned mine shafts and possibly make a wildlife documentary. However, after spending several weeks in the town, getting to know the caretaker (Sundog) and filming old ruins, I knew the film could become something bigger and unique. As typical with all my productions, I first filmed artistic elements unique to that location; then created the movie from ideas, later in post-production. The result is a journey inside a dream - a dream of Ruby, Arizona"

Although the film was originally released in 2006; the film was not quite to my satisfaction. After several years of meticulous editing and working on visual enhancements, the film was re-crafted to reveal its full artistic potential. This exciting 'Director's Master' version of the film is what you will see on March 7th - Don't miss it! - Filmmaker, Bart Santello

"The Outskirts of Infinity" is truly a haunting work. The feelings that constantly swept over me while watching it were of being trapped in a twilight state between existence and non-existence. It wasn't until I saw on the closing credits where Sundog is listed as "the man between two worlds" that I realized how clearly you conveyed this feeling. Two images especially haunted me. First the ballerina dancing as the scene cross-fades onto an old piano and secondly, the closing shot where Sundog descends to...where? Back to a waking state, perhaps? I loved it and "A Produce's" music is perfection! I was captivated and genuinely unsettled by the piece." Richard Bone

Filmmaker Bart Santello is an engineer, natural builder, multi-media artist and solar power enthusiast living in Arivaca, Arizona.

Click here for "Outskirts of Infinity" showing poster

Website: www.deserthomestead.com